About the Tour
TreeMonks Curated North Kerala Package is your ticket to explore the untapped beauty of the god's own country. Travel to the alluring natural beauty of hill stations, beaches, and backwaters with this North Kerala Tour. North Kerala, also known as Malabar, features the Northern Coastline of Kerala, with abundant culture, heritage and traditions under its name. Without this North Kerala Tour Package, the understanding of Kerala’s story will be unfinished. To make this North Kerala Tour engaging, TreeMonks provides exciting storytelling tours and hands-on experiences all along.
TreeMonks North Kerala Tour Package is a completely customizable Kerala tour with the scope of leisure, sightseeing, cultural interactions and local experiences with the specially curated assistance of an experienced English-speaking local storyteller as well as the driver. Our North Kerala Tour Package is a blend of all the flavours connected with North Kerala - be it Culture and Heritage, Malabar Cuisine, Top Tourist Places, Off-beat Stays with Beach Resorts and Kerala Houseboats, Hill-stations and Tea Plantations, Wildlife Experiences, Village Walks, Hands-on Experience, and Interaction with Local people in this North Kerala Tour. Top Tourist Places in Kannur like Kannur Fort, Muzhappilangad, Backwaters, Calicut Beach, etc. are included in this North Kerala Tour Package. Also, Wayanad Plantation Walks, Stay in Vythiri, Edakkal Caves, Tribal Village Visit, etc. which are the trademarks of any Wayanad Tour Package.
North Kerala, on one side, features pristine beaches, plan-fringed islands and emerald green backwaters - with serene ambience. On the inner side, the Western Ghats and lush green mountains lay majestically. The valleys are top spots for abundant wildlife as well as tea, coffee and spice plantations. TreeMonks North Kerala Tour Package helps every tourist booking this tour experience this magical landscape of North Kerala. Stay at spell-binding locations featured by the exotic beach stays hill-station resorts and houseboats featured in this North Kerala Tour Package. There is always something in this North Kerala Tour for the ones planning for a quick weekend escape or long vacation. The calm beaches and alluring backwaters are less-crowded and ideal for a relaxing and rejuvenating holiday, far from the madding crowds! This Curated North Kerala Tour Package includes highly personalized service right from the arrival till departure. All accommodations are customized with customer requirements. We provide AC Cab with special TreeMonks amenities and refreshments, accompanied by expert English speaking drivers. All tours are coordinated by TreeMonks Storytellers.
Malabar has a rich heritage and culture under its name. Experience the elegance of Theyyam dance with the storyteller accompanied Theyyam Tour in this North Kerala Tour Package. Further, Thalassery Heritage Walking Tour, Handloom and Textile Tour, Village Walks, Wayanad Tribal Village Tour, Tribal Archery Unit and Wayanad Heritage Museum visit and Interaction with tribal communities, Calicut Heritage Walking Tour, Mahe French Cultural Interactions, Exploring Malabar Cuisine with Thalassery Food Tour, etc. are the highlights of TreeMonks North Kerala Tour Package. Further, North Kerala also features the nearest beach from Bangalore, less than one hour flying time to Kannur International Airport. Tourists arriving by road can either reach Wayanad via Mysore or arrive at Kannur via Coorg. Wayanad, one of the major hill-stations of Kerala, is just 3-hours drive from Kozhikode Airport. All the local experiences and hands-on activities are curated with expert storytellers. Our storytellers will share information and exciting stories connected with the heritage, culture, activities, destinations, and much more included in this North Kerala Tour.
TreeMonks North Kerala Tour Package ensures a wholesome experience of the flavours of North Kerala. This Curated Tour to Kerala is ideal for Couples and Family Tours. Planning to celebrate your weekends with family or friends? Have an anniversary celebration on the way? Then this Curated North Kerala Tour Package by TreeMonks is your perfect choice. It is best to BOOK your tour between late September and early May, which is the ideal time to visit North Kerala. For Enquiries, Contact TreeMonks Travel Coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arrival at Airport
Arrive at Kannur Airport or Kozhikode Airport from Bangalore. On Arrival, get welcomed by TreeMonks Travel Coordinator. Start the North Kerala Tour Package. Get in AC Cab and head to Wayanad. The Wayanad Tour Package features best tourist options of Wayanad Tourism.
In the second day of the Curated North Kerala Tour package, explore the trademark experiences of Wayanad Tour package. Visit Edakkal Caves, Wayanad Tribal Village, Wayanad Heritage Museum, etc.
Wayanad to Kannur
On the 3rd day, travel from Wayanad to Kannur by road. Enjoy the beautiful ghats roads with picturesque view points.
Explore the culture and traditions of Kannur. The North Kerala Tour Package involves storyteller accompanied Theyyam Tour and Kannur Heritage Walking Tour.
Departure via Kannur Airport
Checkout from the hotel and head to Kannur Airport for departure.
- Theyyam Tour
- Plantation Walk
- Heritage Walks
- North Kerala Beaches
- Tourist Places in Kannur
- Backwaters Cruise
- Curated North Kerala Tour Packages
- Hotel Accommodation – 5 Days/ 4 Nights
- 2 Nights Stay in Wayanad
- 2 Nights Stay in Kannur
- Tourist Places in Kannur
- Daily Breakfast
- Zamorin Trail of North Kerala Tour Package
- Wayanad North Kerala Tour with Village Walk
- A/C Car with all State Tax for scheduled transfers
- Expert and English Speaking Cab Drivers
- English Speaking Storyteller
- Airport Pick and Drop
- All Entrance fees
- TreeMonks Activities and Experiences
- GST applicable as per Indian Government Rules.
- Bus/ Flight/ Train Tickets
- Lunch or additional Food (other than Breakfast/ Dinner)
- Shopping Expenses/ Tipping
- Other Personal Expenses
- Travel Insurance
- Any additional expenses incurred due to any flight delay or cancellation, weather conditions, political closures, technical faults etc.
- Sun Glasses
- Sunscreen Creams
- Cotton Outfits
- Travel Shoes
- This North Kerala Tour Package is best suited for anniversary celebrations and weekend trips. It's also ideal for couples and families.
- Carry Cotton outfits; hats, sunglasses, sunscreen lotion, etc. and footwear that is appropriate to both the climate and the activities you have planned.
- If you are starting from Bangalore to Kannur, start early morning from Bangalore. If you arrive at Calicut Airport, then Calicut airport to Wayanad is 3 hours drive.
- Major Hotels, Restaurants, and Shopping Centers honour Debit/ Credit Cards. Don’t carry too much cash. Banks are open for transaction from 10:00 AM to 15:30 PM IST on weekdays.
- Kerala Food is medium spicy and it may take some time for your taste buds to get adjusted. Check with your resort/ chef/ waiter about the spices and other ingredients in the food you want to order.
- If you want to drive a vehicle in Kerala and you are a foreign citizen, carry your international driving license.
- Kerala is well known for law and order and is generally a peaceful state. However, don’t travel to remote areas in night hours. It is better to stay the night in a better hotel or resort and continue the journey in the early morning than travelling at night. TreeMonks North Kerala Tour Package tries to provide maximum safety to our customers.
- Always stick to the guidelines of the Storyteller/ TreeMonks Tour Coordinator.
- Stays listed in the Tour Package/ offered in the quotation to you is subjected to availability after the realization of your initial payment
- The Accommodations will be confirmed only after getting the initial payment from the guest.
- If offered hotels are not available at that time, TreeMonks will book and give almost similar category hotels with prior consent from the guest.
- Hotels once booked can be changed only as per the cancellation policy of hotels. All such cancellation charges will be charged to the guest directly.
- Normally, Cabs/ Tour Vehicles is operational from 8.30 am to 6.30 pm. We never recommend night driving as per the safety concerns.
- On emergency situations, we provide early/ late driving. This shall be decided by the TreeMonks Tour Coordinator.
- Cancellation of all packages with the panel hotels (listed in our websites) is subjected to the cancellation policy of TreeMonks.
The General Terms and conditions of TreeMonks are listed below:
Which is the Best time to visit Kerala?
The period from late September to Early May is considered to be the tourist season in Kerala. However, the best time to visit falls between the months of October to April. This is the time of Festivals and Celebration in Kerala - with suitable climatic conditions during the summer. Theyyam and Thiras are held in North Kerala during this period.
What is the Alcohol Availability in Kerala for tourists?
Bar facilities are available in almost all major towns and cities in Kerala. Some of the resorts and hotels also provide alcohol. Further, Kerala has Beverage Outlets known as the Kerala Bevco. Tourists can buy Alcohol from here.
Which are the top tourist places to visit in the first visit to Kerala?
Kerala can be divided into three sections - North Kerala, Central Kerala and South Kerala. Each of these three regions has its own peculiarities. Kerala Tourist Places have abundant natural beauty. Top Tourist Places in Kerala, for your first visit, however, should be the following. Munnar Tea Gardens, Eravikulam National Park, Thekkady Spice Museum, Periyar Wildlife Reserve, Kerala Houseboat Cruise in Alleppey Backwaters, Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary, Cochin Backwaters, Fort Kochi Heritage Streets, Mattancherry Dutch Palace, Fort Kochi Beach, etc. The above mentioned are covered in TreeMonks Best Kerala Tour Package. However, places like Shanghumugham, Varkala, Kovalam, Mararikulam, Kumarakom, Tourist Places in Kannur like Muzhappilangadu, Kannur Fort, Thottada, Calicut, Athirappally, Wayanad Tour Package destinations etc. are also top tourist places of Kerala to visit.
How many days should I plan this North Kerala Tour Package for?
To explore a good section of North Kerala as mentioned above, at least 5-10 days should be the minimum number of days to plan for an experiential Kerala trip. However, tourists in Kerala also prefer short vacations and weekend getaways limited to only a particular destination - hill stations, backwaters or beaches of Kerala.
How to reach North Kerala? Does it have Airports?
Yes, North Kerala has immediate connectivity with 3 major airports - Kannur International Airport, Calicut International Airport and Mangalore International Airport. It is also well connected with road and railways.
Is Kerala Houseboat Cruise safe? Is there availability of Private Houseboats?
Kerala Houseboats are absolutely safe to cruise on. Each houseboat is provided with a registration number after doing the security examinations by the Government of Kerala. Further, every houseboat is equipped with emergency facilities and safety equipment like Life Jackets.
Tourists can also book private houseboats with luxury air-conditioned rooms and decks. Different houseboat cruise plans are also available.
What is the availability of Zoom Car Rental, Uber and Ola Taxis, etc in Kerala?
Zoom Car Rental and similar car and bike rental facilities are available in all major cities of Kerala like Trivandrum, Kochi, Calicut, etc.
Top Cities of Kerala like Trivandrum, Calicut, Kochi, Thrissur, etc. also have Online Cab Facilities like Uber Taxi and Ola Cabs.
Where to buy good spices in Kerala?
Kerala is an abode to extremely pure spices. However, there can also be fake and low-quality sales as well. Tourists arriving in Kerala can manage to buy the best quality spices from reliable markets in Kannur, Calicut, or Wayanad. Even though private shops are available, it is better to rely on Government-owned spice boards outlets available in all major tourist places in Kerala.
What is the availability of foods without Coconut Oil?
Almost all hotels and restaurants in Kerala make use of Coconut Oil as the Cooking oil. However, in top hotels and resorts, food made in alternative cooking oil like Sunflower Oil, Olive Oil, etc. are available. Also, if you make a request before booking, hotels do make necessary arrangements to provide food prepared in alternative cooking oils.
Can I get Vegetarian Food in Kerala?
Yes, though Kerala is known for non-vegetarian foods, it also has a wide range of healthy and delicious vegetarian cuisine. All hotels and restaurants serve vegetarian food, however, if you are travelling on your own, it is best to check with the local taxi drivers or resort staff for the nearby best vegetarian hotels.
Is Kerala safe to travel for Solo Women?
Yes, Kerala is ranked no.1 in the women safety index in India. Further, Kerala also has high law and order maintenance and is safe to travel for Solo Women. However, every tourist is advised to take necessary precautions and stick to the safety guidelines instructed by the Kerala Tourism Department to avoid mishappenings.
Does this Kerala Tour Package include Child-friendly resorts with activities/play area?
All Kerala Tour Packages by TreeMonks offer for various choices of Accommodation Facilities. As per customer requirement, TreeMonks North Kerala Tour Package is flexible for customization. Options for Child-friendly resorts with play areas, Resorts with Swimming Pool, etc. are available.
For Tour Package Customization, kindly Get in Touch with us.